Memorable Movie Food Scenes
I was trying to think of some more creative posts concerning food and I thought I’d share what I thought were some of the most memorable food scenes from movies. Here are 7 that have definitely made an impact.
1. When Harry Met Sally. This goes without saying. Anyone who’s seen this (who hasn’t?) will never look at a pastrami sandwich the same way again. I could really go for a reuben right now.
2. Stand By Me. Not to dwell on the disgusting but vomit is one of those things I never found funny in movies. It just makes me wanna hurl too. However I was much younger when I first saw this movie and never realized how absolutely comical and goofy that fake vomit action really is. Bring on the pie!
3. Julie and Julia. Not as classic as some of the other choices but definitely memorable in general for making me drool for 1.5 hours. I just love the lobster scene too, she’s too adorable to resist and I can definitely imagine myself in such a situation- although I’ve yet to try my hand at the intimidating lobster slaughter. Sad. Delicious.
4. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Classic. What could be better than an edible candy world presented by a singing and dancing Gene Wilder?
5. Hook. RUFIO! RUFIO! The ultimate food fight with absolutely no parental repercussions! Also in watching as a kid, all that colorful whipped cream sure did look delicious. I wonder if calories count in Neverland…
6. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I loved how silly the original Indiana Jones movies could be without being terrible (I won’t even address the most recent failed installment). Cate Capshaw’s eyeball acting says it all. Chilled monkey brains anyone?
7. Finally, Chocolate. Simply delectable. From start to finish. Chocolate that’s not only scrumptious but with the added benefit of increased sexual desire? Where do I sign up?
So that’s my top 7. Now I’m hungry!