Cookie Exchange 2010: Deb’s Pistachio, Pomegranate & Cranberry Tea Cookies
Deb dazzled our cookie exchange with some festive red & green, heart-shaped tea cookies. These lovely treats were delicious and nutty with the perfect amount of tartness when you get a piece of chewy pomegranate or cranberry. A fabulous addition to our holiday cookie mix, and a simple recipe considering the impressive result!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 package pistachio pudding
- 1 cup chopped shelled raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried pomegranates or cranberries ( trader joes carries a mix of both)
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together all dry materials (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and pudding mix). Whisk wet materials (eggs, milk and melted butter) in separate bowl. Add wet to dry and mix.
Chop pistachios and dried fruit into small bits in food processor, then add them to the dough. Roll dough on mat dusted with powdered sugar. Roll to 1/4 inch and cut out any shape you desire. Place cookies on pan with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 for 8 mins. Let cool 5 mins. Yields 4-5 dozen.