Truffled White Pizza with Coppicola and Watercress
Last friday, after a headache of a week, some much-needed QT with my dear friend Ashley was perfection. We kept it low key with a bottle of wine and some homemade pizza-which I have been eager to do since I picked up a bottle of white truffle oil from the greatest store on earth. This made for the perfect sized dinner for two, and required minimal ingredients! We made one classic margherita pizza and the other was a white pizza using the truffle oil. Since margherita’s pretty basic (tomato sauce, tomato slices, fresh mozz, basil), I’ve only included the recipe for the white pizza here, so keep in mind the crust recipe makes two pizzas’ worth!
- Thin-crust pizza dough, via Apartment Therapy: I used half the amount of whole wheat flour, and half regular flour.
- 8 Chantarelle Mushrooms, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 2 tsp White Truffle Oil, plus more for drizzling on top
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound Fontina Cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Sliced Sweet Coppicola Ham
- Handful of Watercress Leaves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small frying pan, saute the mushrooms with some olive oil until light brown and softened. Roll out one ball of pizza dough, and brush with the truffle oil. Top with both cheeses (I used almost 1/2 pound of the fontina, but probably could’ve used a bit less) and slices of coppicola. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with watercress leaves and a good drizzle of more truffle oil. Enjoy!